Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
All volunteers in KISD, regardless of PTO membership, must register through CERVIS. This is a two step process, and both steps must be completed for permission to volunteer at any KISD school or event. This must also be completed on a computer rather than a smartphone.
Step 1: Create a Volunteer Profile
During this process you will be asked to designate your home campus and for what categories you would like to volunteer. This allows the school and the district to send volunteer opportunities based on your preferences.
Please visit KleinISD.net or read below for more detailed information on the process and procedures.
More details from the KleinISD.net Volunteer Page
Be A Volunteer in the Klein ISD
Thank you for your interest in volunteering in the Klein Independent School District. Signing up to volunteer is easy and involves the following TWO steps:
Completing the volunteer application
Completing criminal background check - If you do not see a “thank you” screen after submitting your background check, it DID NOT go through. Please try another computer or go up to the school and use one of their computers.
VERY IMPORTANT: Both steps must be completed before you may volunteer.
1. Sign up as a new volunteer in the CERVIS Volunteer Management System. Once submitted, you should see a screen that says “Welcome to the Klein ISD Community Event Registration & Volunteer Information System (CERVIS). Thank you for your desire to volunteer in the Klein ISD. Please complete the information requested below to submit your application for review. Remember a background check must also be complete before you may volunteer. We appreciate all you do to help the students and staff in the Klein ISD!”
2. Read the information below:
Background checks must be submitted via personal computers (PC) only.
Internet Explorer is the preferred browser to use when submitting a background check
I am a volunteer for Klein ISD. As a part of the application process, I have been advised that this school district conducts a criminal history check. I do hereby consent to the use of any and all information provided in the application process to be used in the criminal history/background check. A volunteer shall notify the campus principal within three calendar days of any arrest, indictment, conviction, no contest or guilty plea, or other adjudication of the volunteer for any felony, and any offense involving moral turpitude.
3. Complete and submit your Criminal Background Check.
4. Important: If you do not immediately see a “thank you for submitting” message on your computer, AND, receive a confirmation email, your background check did not successfully submit.
5. If this is the case and you are unable to successfully submit your Criminal Background Check online, please visit your child’s campus and ask for assistance at the front desk.
6. Background checks could take up to three weeks. Please check with your campus volunteer coordinator if you have not received notification prior to the three week time period.
7. Click here, to sign up as a new volunteer in the CERVIS Volunteer Management System. Your profile and criminal background check submission name MUST be identical. If not, it will hinder the approval process. Once cleared, you can make changes to your profile in CERVIS. Click here for instructions in Spanish.
8. Approval Criteria - click here to read.
9. Click “Criminal Background Check” to complete the application. If you do not see a “thank you” screen after submitting your background check, it DID NOT go through. Please try another computer or go up to the school and use one of their computers.
10. If you have any questions about signing up to volunteer in Klein schools, please contact Anjali Khanna at firstname.lastname@example.org, 832.249.4453, or call your school principal.