Executive Board Positions *Indicates that position requires regular attendance at our monthly Executive Board Meetings that take place the 1st Wednesday of every month at 9:30 AM at Brill.
1. President* - Primary liaison to the principal and school. Supervises the execution of all PTO activities, coordinates all reports and financial summaries, plans the calendar and sets the agenda, ensure yearly financial audit is completed on time, co-signs checks, and performs all duties as necessary to aide in the success of Brill PTO.
2. Vice President* - Assists the president in all activities and supports all officers and committees as necessary.
3. Membership - Plan and execute beginning of year membership drive, maintain a current roll of all PTO members, and community regularly with the general membership regarding events, opportunities, and accomplishments of the organization.
4. Programs - Plan and execute all educational and cultural programs for the year.
5. Fundraising* - Plan two fundraisers a year that align with the budget and goals of the organization. Conceptualize and plan fundraisers, form committees as needed, solicit donations, track income and expenses of fundraising activities.
6. Recording Secretary - Prepare the agenda for all meetings, record meeting minutes, publish meeting minutes within one week after meeting.
7. Corresponding Secretary - Responsible for PTO communication to the community including thank you notes, condolences, congratulations, etc.. Plan and organize teacher appreciation week as well as staff appreciation days such as Administration Professional Day, Principal/Asst. Principal Day, Counselor Day, Nurse Day, Librarian Day, etcc.
8. Hospitality Secretary - Plan the back to school teacher luncheon prior to the beginning of the school year, plan/coordinate four teacher luncheons throughout the school year including one during Teacher Appreciation Week, and plan/coordinate staff appreciation breakfasts/treats as needed.
9. Treasurer* - Serve as the financial officer of the organization, maintain all receipts and reports throughout the year, prepare the yearly budget, provide payment for invoices and reimbursements to members, and prepare all required tax returns on behalf of the organization.
10. Parliamentarian* - Advise officers in parliamentary procedure, maintain the organizational bylaws and make amendments if needed, coordinate the nomination and election of new officers.
11. Volunteer Coordinator* - Organize all volunteer opportunities and sign ups as needed by the school and the PTO, manage the RAPTOR background check system for volunteers and communicate with school community how to complete the annual Klein Volunteer Application, plan and coordinate an end of year volunteer appreciation breakfast to be held at the school.
12. Watch D.O.G.S. Coordinator - Recruit dads and father figures for Watch Dog Volunteer Days at Brill throughout the school year.
13. Parties and Events Team* - Plan, coordinate, and executive the school holiday party, a girls event (ex: Boots & Beauties), and boys event (ex: Mother/Son Bowling).
14. Stampede Memory Book* - Executing the planning and purchasing of the Brill Stampede Memory Book with publisher, be available to take photos at the school on a very regular basis, create an online sale for people to pre-purchase books and 5th grade ads.
15. Birthday Banner - Create a flyer for the Birthday Banner in the cafeteria for people to purchase a spot for their child’s name during their birthday week. On Monday mornings, switch out the names on the cafeteria Birthday Banner.
16. Spirit Store Coordinator* - plan and buy merchandise for a monthly Spirit Store to be open the first Friday of every month before school as well as the holiday Merry Market.
17. Spanish Liaison - Translate Brill PTO flyers into Spanish for distribution and assist in communication with our Spanish speaking families!
18. Room Parent Coordinator* - Recruit and maintain a roster of room moms for the school, collect teacher favorite things forms, and maintain a spreadsheet of staff Amazon wish lists.
19. Community Outreach* - Plan and execute the Thanksgiving food and coin drive, a Spring breakfast for parents/kids before school, and an end of year peanut butter and jelly drive.
Being on a committee means that you play a committed, year round support role as needed for the committee you serve on. For example, if you are on the Parties & Events committee, it is expected that you will be available to help plan, decorate, and volunteer for the event. Committee members are not required to attend Executive Board Meetings.
Parties & Events
Stampede Memory Book